The daa is currently recruiting for a number of fire stations that will secure the future of the airport fire department for years to come.
Jobs require applicants to have a number of different skills, experiences and knowledge.
Applicants must be over 18 and have no restrictions to work or live in Ireland.
A passing grade in Leaving Cert or equivalent, good general physical condition, excellent eyesight and a Class B or Class C driver’s license.
Other requirements include:
- Comfortable work at heights and in confined spaces
- Calm and balanced temperament with the ability to react effectively under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a structured environment
- Experience in volunteer emergency services is desirable
Successful candidates will report to the Airport Fire Chief and Airport Fire Officer 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The selection process will consist of two interview stages.
Applicants will first have to participate in an initial selection process through online aptitude tests. Shortlisted candidates will then go through first stage interviews.
Physical assessment includes climbing ladders, casualty evacuation, ladder lifting, confined spaces and carrying equipment.
A second stage interview follows and finally a pre-employment medical check-up, a reference check and a security check.
The main responsibilities candidates will face on a daily basis include:
- Respond to aviation emergencies
- Compliance with IAA and EASA Oversight and Auditing Standards
- Perform airfield inspections and bird patrols
- Airport ambulance service operation
- Perform friction checks and tests
- Respond to traffic collisions as needed
- Respond to ATC requests
- Maintain standards of personal suitability and competence in the role
- Fighting fire using a full range of appropriate equipment
- Administer first aid and help evacuate people in danger of death
- Protect property threatened by fires
- Protect the environment (if necessary) in an emergency
- Participate in training exercises for firefighting and rescue work
- Test and maintain fire department vehicles and associated equipment
- Perform fire safety inspections and inspect fire safety systems
- Observation of aircraft movements on the maneuvering area
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox by subscribe to our free newsletter .